July 22, 2009

Member Flint Gennari exhibits in Paris, France...


North Jersey Affiliate member Flint Gennari (and blog follower) is back from Paris , France where his black and white photo essay shot in 1974 was included in France's hottest art exhibit, "BORN IN THE STREETS: GRAFFITI" The display is at the Foundation-Cartier pour l'art contemporain! He is hanging in good company along side the artists Jean-Michel Bastisant and Keith Haring! Flint's work consisted of a larger than life size wall enlargement mural and eight (8) 16x20s with treatments by JonathanPenney.com. The show is up until Dec 1, 2009 so plan to visit Paris; it's worth the trip!!

How did Flint get his photos into a Parisian art show?

Let's ask him and see what he says!
"My photography first got national attention in High School when in 1975 I entered the Scholastic Photography contest (and won!); the next year I studied at International Center of Photography and was part of a group show there in the museum. And then nothing happened until 1997 when I was discoved by Hugo Martinez and given the second show in his new Chelsea Gallery! Since then I have been committing as much time as I can to being out there in the fine art world and it seems to have paid off!"


What other members are exhibiting this summer/fall? Let us know!


1 comment:

flintfotos said...

My photography first got National attention in High School when in 1975 I entered the Schoolatic Photography contest ( and won!) the next year I studied at International Center of Photography and was part of a group show there in the museum. and then nothing happened until 1997 when I was discoved by Hugo Martinez and given the second show in his new Chelsea Gallery! Since then I have been committing as much time as I can to being out there in the fine art world and it seems to have paid off!